do's and dont's to follow when travelling to pushkar, rajasthan- Travel
Rajasthan, one of the most popular tourist destination in the world, welcomes countless tourists from all over the world. The vibrant and colorful state of Rajasthan offers guest a journey into an age of royalty. Its various cities showcase a wide range of architecture, cuisine, and lifestyle that is unique to Rajasthan. People are humble and welcome each guest with warm-heartedness. There is so much to do in Rajasthan from camel rides to jeep safaris into the great That Desert, tasting mouthwatering dishes and shopping colorful sarees with intricate prints. However, if you are planning to visit the state of Rajasthan then you must follow a list of do's and don'ts.
- There are endless hotels and guest houses in Rajasthan but it is recommended to only select approved hotels for stay that are regulated by the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC).
- You should only follow guidelines released by the Tourist Information Bureau rather than paying attention sources that can be misleading.
- If you are looking for a mode of transport such as an Auto rickshaw or Taxi, then RTDC offices, reception centers and prepaid booths are the most viable options for travelers.
- Only change your currency at authorized money changers and always remember to ask for a receipt.
- Make sure that you always dress appropriately and show a certain level of respect towards the local customs and traditions.
- The best way to get to know the city, get the best bargain and find the best place to eat is to befriend a local. However, you should always remain cautious of whom you speak to because, at certain occasions, there is a possibility that you might get misled.
- If you don't know this then you must learn to bargain. In India, you should always bargain until you get exactly what you want at the price of your choice. Although, you practice a restraint because sometimes you might lose the deal.
- Try not to buy souvenirs from street peddlers claiming to sell genuine items. Often times you might get ripped off and end up spending your money on something that you don't want
Visit the wonderful state of Rajasthan and if you are looking for a place to stay then book your stay at Brahma Horizon, one of the best hotels in Panchkund Road Pushkar.